Community PSA (Public Service Announcement) Contest Guidelines
Eligibility:The contest is open to all students 9-12th grade in Simsbury, West Hartford, Bloomfield, Windsor, East Hartford and Hartford public or private schools. There are no age restrictions; however, all participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
How to Enter:
- To submit an Entry, download
the contest entry form
- Drop off your submission and completed Entry and permission forms at your local community/public access station, no later than 5:00pm May 4, 2016
ENTRY REQUIREMENTTo be eligible for judging, the Entry must:
- Create a 30-60 second original video promoting Public Access TV. Some possible topics:
- Public Access TV is important because it provides an outlet for: Freedom of Speech; The Youth Perspective; Letting Community Voices Be Heard; Community Dialogues; Public Access to Media Tools & Training; Discovering What's Happening in Your City/Town, School or Government.
- All videos must be generic, not town or city specific so it can be aired on all six Community Access TV Stations. Again, do not mention or show the city or town you are from in your video.
- Entrants can use any technique including:
a. Live action, jingle, song
b. Computer Generated Animation
- All entries must be submitted in one of the following formats:
- All entries must be submitted via one of the following media forms:
- All entries must be a minimum of: 30 seconds and cannot exceed: 60 seconds.
- The Entry must be suitable for general audiences and the following are strictly prohibited:
- Submissions using non-licensed, copyrighted musical, visual, or literary properties without legal permission are ineligible.
- You must have consent from any people appearing in your video.
- All videos should be original work created by the individual student or group of students
All entries will be reviewed for eligibility prior to judging. Entries will be ruled ineligible if they are corrupted, do not meet ALL of the specified requirements or are not able to be viewed due to technical error or reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors and judges.
By submitting an Entry:
- The entrant affirms and warrants that the Entry is
- wholly original,
- has not been previously submitted, aired, or distributed on television, the internet, or elsewhere for any purpose,
- once entered in the Contest will not be used for any other purpose,
- does not incorporate or include any third party property or would require the consent of a third party and
- does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party.
- The entrant irrevocably assigns to HACTAC all right, title and interest in the Entry in any and all media in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including without limitation for purposes of advertising or trade.
- If the entrant is a minor, the entrant must have the written consent of his or her parent or legal guardian.
- All entries become the property of the HACTAC and will not be acknowledged nor returned under any circumstances.
JUDGING:A total of three (3) entries will be selected as winners of the contest.
Criteria based Judging:Judging will take place during the period of May, 2016. Entries will be randomly selected and presented to a panel of judges representing the sponsors. This panel will evaluate the entries based on the following, equally weighted, criteria:
- Overall Impact (20%)
- Originality (20%)
- Memorable Content and Delivery (20%)
- Relevance and Clarity of Message (20%)
- Creativity and Technical Merit (20%)
PSA Contest Questions
PRIZES:All winners will have their Entry aired on all six Community Access Channels (Simsbury, West Hartford, Bloomfield, Windsor, East Hartford, Hartford) and will receive recognition for their work. Additional prizes may be awarded. All prize information will be posted on the Contest Web site: www.hactac.org
Prize RestrictionsNo cash or other substitution may be made except by the Sponsors. At their sole discretion, the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part with another prize of comparable or greater value if the intended prize is not available. Winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes on a prize.
Winner Notification and VerificationWinners will be contacted by phone, email and mail. Potential winners must provide a high resolution version of their video on CD, or DVD.
All submissions must be suitable for airing on television. Winners will be required to complete any necessary release forms and submit the high resolution video of their PSA within 10 business days. If the potential winner is an eligible minor, the releases must be confirmed and signed by the minor's parent or legal guardian. Failure to return the required items by the date requested may cause the prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If a prize is refused, or prize notification is undeliverable, or a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected.
Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for HACTAC to use it in perpetuity the winner's name, village, likeness, statements, and other personally identifiable information for promotional purposes in any media throughout the world without additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review. Winner will provide a written consent to such use upon request.
ADDITIONAL RULES AND NOTICESBy participating in this contest, entrants agree that the Sponsors and their employees and representatives are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i.) any conditions outside of the Sponsors control that may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted (ii.) technical difficulties of any kind. (iii.) any printing or typographical errors. (iv.) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the contest, or acceptance of any prize, including claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
The Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to extend, suspend, or cancel the contest at any time. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of HACTAC, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than HACTAC.